About The Ubisoft Gaming School
The Ubisoft Gaming School is a free 5 day event for young people aged 14-17. During a number of workshops we will guide 20 young people to understand the key elements of games production from animation, programming, production, audio and design. Working as part of a team our young developers will produce a game which will be showcased at an award ceremony where friends and family will be able to join Ubisoft Developers in celebrating the hard work the teams have put in.
The Ubisoft Gaming School has been running for 5 years in Newcastle upon Tyne, winning the TIGA Best Educational Initiative and Talent Development award in 2018. The school has grown to go global with events in Newcastle upon Tyne, Leamington Spa, Annecy, France and Dusseldorf, Germany.
Applications for the Leamington Spa (12th – 16th August) and Newcastle upon Tyne (19th – 23rd August) events will open on 1st June. No prior experience of making game is required, what we ask for is a desire to learn and commitment.
If you would like to know more information please contact us on email@example.com.
- When is the next Ubisoft Gaming School (UGS) event taking place, and how can we register?
- Applications are now live for UGS in Newcastle Upon Tyne and UGS Leamington and will close 30th June 2019. Fill in the application below and select your preference in location. If you’ve been selected to participate you’ll receive an email with confirmation.
- Where does the Ubisoft Gaming School take place?
- Our current locations for the school are as follows; Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, Leamington Spa, UK, Annecy, FR and Dussekdorf, DE
- Are there any skills I need to apply?
- There are no specific skills (or experience) but we ask for a passion and curiosity to learn about the mechanics of game design. A desire to play games alone is not sufficient!
Application for UGS 2019
Applications for this year's Ubisoft Gaming School are now closed. Successful candidates will be contacted the week of 1st - 5th July 2019.