Associate Producer (202)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more
Implement the best processes, methods and tools to manage the delivery a project’s feature(s) in the allocated time, at the required quality with efficient use of resources.
To be confirmed as appropriate
- Manage and be accountable for the delivery of a project’s feature or SKU with limited corporate impact and have a content and player driven focus;
- Participate in the construction and guidance of a production team to reach the project's ambitions in terms of quality, timing and budget;
- Support the day-to-day management of production team members and project management team members;
- Mediate cross-discipline situations and have focus on delivery within the team and the project as a whole;
- Provide reports on tasks and issues relating to project management and the project as a whole, both within the team and the studio and build relationships with those outside the studio;
- Assess and manage risks and raise issues associated with the project;
- Prioritise tasks, suggest relevant solutions to issues and track outcomes to milestones and other objectives relating to the project;
- Assess the quality of the game during playtests and give constructive feedback on the project as whole;
- Be involved with team activities in order to ensure a positive team morale;
- Organise and define what is required from the team whilst managing the needs of the project in the short term;
- Anticipate potential issues relating to the project and plan in accordance with these issues;
- Collaborate with leads in order to plan effectively in accordance with timescales;
- Work directly with the team and encourage collaboration in order to get results;
- Optimise the use of the budget relating to the project and measure the financial impact and value of the team’s plans;
- Conduct ad hoc jobs related to content or project support as appropriate;
- Collaborate with internal and external Quality Control teams to ensure bugs are fixed at the correct rate and to the correct priority.
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to quickly adapt to change and work effectively under pressure;
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills;
• In depth knowledge of the video game industry and production processes;
• Good knowledge of the video game market, qualities of leadership and/or knowledge of technology;
• Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• Good knowledge of issue, task tracking software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools;
• Good knowledge of common project management methodologies (e.g. Agile).
- 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience in project management with significant involvement in 1 published game;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential;
- Experience in team management is desirable.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Opening Date: 21st March 2018
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.