Project Assistant (163)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Monitor the production of a project’s feature(s) and the activities of its development team to ensure delivery occurs on time, with the required quality using available resources.
Producer or Associate Producer as appropriate
• Participate in the monitoring of project deliverables and risks to ensure the respect of deadlines, budget and quality;
• Create plans relating to project/feature needs using the allocated project management tools ;
• Provide reports on development progress and issues for a project’s/feature’s delivery;
• Assess risks to quality, timing and resources and raise alerts where they impact on the delivery;
• Organize and follow up on the development team’s meetings;
• Plan sprints according to milestone targets and be involved with the creation of a work backlog;
• Identify playtest requirements and assess the quality of the game during playtests;
• Define the areas for improvement within the project and chase up bugs;
• Monitor tasks and task creation and update progress on the appropriate tool;
• Collaborate with leads in order to plan effectively in accordance with timescales;
• Work directly with the team and encourage collaboration in order to get results;
• Monitor the use of the budget relating to the project feature(s) and understand the financial impact and value of the team’s plans.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to adapt to change and work effectively under pressure;
• Able to plan and estimate tasks and ensure timely delivery of work;
• Good knowledge of the video game industry;
• Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience as a project assistant or 1 years’ experience in commercial software development experience with significant involvement in a full project development cycle;
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
• Experience in the video game industry is desirable;
• Experience using issue and project tracking software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools is desirable;
• Experience in team management is also desirable.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 18th September 2017
Closing date for applications: 17th October 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.