Audio Programmer (155)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing in-game audio features and tools that meet the requirements of the project’s Audio Lead and Lead Programmer.
• Implement practical and timely audio solutions that meet the design and technical requirements;
• Be an evangelist for audio within the team, to ensure it receives consideration in all game features;
• Keep abreast of new audio technology, algorithms, and middleware;
• Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system;
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team;
• Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines;
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required;
• Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and audio designers;
• Support the Lead Programmer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Passionate about playing and making games, and recognize the importance of audio within games;
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development;
• Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work;
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
• Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
• Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.;
• Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity;
• Knowledge of audio processing technology such as mixing, sample rates, audio compression, filters, reverb;
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
• 3 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game in an audio programming capacity;
• Experience with multi-channel and positional audio and its implementation on the major platforms;
• Experience working with audio middleware, for example FMod, WWise, Miles;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 8th December 2017
Closing date for applications: 7th January 2018
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.