Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are looking for a candidate with professional experience creating simple, powerful, low maintenance solutions (technical or other) who is eager to join a team of talented developers to improve productivity and make game development easier, less stressful and more enjoyable.
We are a cross-project team with a broad productivity and continuous improvement mandate with a great degree of autonomy.
Our ambition is to improve the structure of work and game development in Ubisoft and our work touches all aspects of game production. As a team-member you will be encouraged to pursue your interests and personal development. We want to match your passions with our desire to improve how we make games.
You can expect to have a lot of input and influence on our work practises and processes. We continuously refine them to create a great work environment and share what we learn with other teams.
- Analyse projects and make ongoing, articulable productivity improvements
- Collaborate as part of an enthusiastic team in developing, enhancing and maintaining solutions that deliver real value to people and projects
- Provide guidance and support to other team members and teams
- Maintain good communication with users and proactively seek feedback
- Contribute to an ongoing process of continuous improvement within the team
- Maintain a level of ongoing personal development
- Have a tangible impact on the effectiveness of our game development pipelines
- Significant previous experience in commercial software development
- Experience in reducing workflow lead-times
- Eager to work in a small team that wants to continuously improve upon its practices
- Ambition to make game development more enjoyable
- Enthusiastic about iterative development
- Enthusiasm for experimentation
- Strong interest in one subject relevant to our work
- Courage to cut what isn’t working
- Great critical thinking skills
- Inquisitive mind that questions established practices and workflows
- Curiosity to explore underlying assumptions and alternatives
- Experience in root-cause thinking to identify and deploy solutions
- Ability to prioritize based on business value
- Ability to articulate reasoning
- Interest in experimenting with and developing working practices
- Passionate about video game development
Beneficial Areas of Experience
- Multi-site, multi-platform and multi-project collaboration environments
- Large engines and complex pipelines
- Large code bases
- Semantic Compression oriented programming
- Working with console platforms
- CI software (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Buildbot, git ci solutions)
- Experience or interest in using telemetry for decision making and validation of outcomes
- Active interest in Continuous Improvement, DevOps, ToC, CCPM, Thinking Processes, Lean, TQM, etc.
- Active Directory SSO, SPNEGO
- High performance Compression, Encoding, Storage and Transfer
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.