Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Work with a multidisciplinary team to create, implement and drive the narrative design. Crafting the game’s story, creating characters, defining the story behind locations or objects, designing the narrative of objectives, building story arcs, contributing to building the player’s emotional journey.
- Working with the Directors, determine how the narrative will be presented in game and collaborate with teams to development these systems
- Lead the development of specific features. Define, design, and implement narrative systems from conception to realisation
- Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience
- Working within a narrative team to identify plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats that support the game design and the underlying IP
- Create descriptions and backstories for characters, locations, objects, events
- Support the Game Design team in defining systems and structures to support the game experience throughout the entire game
- Support the Lead Narrative designer with organisational tasks and in mentoring and development of junior designers
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills & Knowledge
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A strong understanding of narrative-related pipelines
- Knowledge of GaaS and Open-World games
- Good knowledge of video games and open world narrative approaches
- Proficient understanding of Game Design
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Knowledge of Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or equivalent gained through practical work experience and/or academic studies
- Accomplished background in creative writing
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.