Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Deliver complex high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the game.
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Complete assigned tasks and supervise team members through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop significant feature direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Support the Lead to ensure successful sign off process for own work and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Collaborate effectively with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to produce features and assets;
- Implement, optimise and verify (utilising user testing), the functionality and usability of features;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
- Creatively and consistently apply the project art direction, and assist others to ensure consistency throughout the work;
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent graphic design skills (e.g. design, layout, typography etc.);
- Up to date knowledge on current trends in visual communication;
- Advanced motion graphics skills;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
- Expert knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines;
- In-depth knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
- 5 years’ minimum experience within UI art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Has shipped at least 1title as a UI Artist; preferably full project cycles on ‘AAA’ console titles;
- Experience with 3D applications (Maya, 3DS Max);
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.