Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
- Implement gameplay systems, and player interactions in close collaboration with designers to ensure player comfort
- Use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity of a gameplay idea
- Influence engine-related decisions to meet gameplay programming needs
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers
- Implement innovative solutions to feature requests, taking into account performance, maintainability and appropriate resource usage
- Participate in the definition of coding practices and ensure coding standards are followed with regular code reviews
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyse technical constraints and establish solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of load and feature testing , write test code, and develop test frameworks and processes
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art technology and promote its use within the studio
- Integrate large-scale modules or components while minimising the impact on the rest of the programming team
- Contribute to and on occasion lead cross-studio collaboration communications in conjunction with the Lead Programmer
- Establish and maintain contact with their counterparts within the studio, share knowledge and best practices, and put those learnings to use on their projects
- Involved in the optimisation of systems.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of gameplay technology, and can use technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviours
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features
- Knowledge of gameplay scripting and visual scripting languages
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Extensive experience working with a large game codebase, and it's modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Deep understanding of software performance considerations, with ability to design and implement well performance systems/features
- Significant knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor and optimise an existing module
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Understanding of the constraints and technical requirements for console platform development within their area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to mentor others.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 6 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in multiple published games in a relevant programming capacity is a major plus
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform is an advantage
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is a plus
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.