Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, prototype, create and integrate 3D animation content in line with the creative direction, technology and quality benchmarks of the project.
- Create high-quality, real-time character animation for console and high-end PC video games throughout their production cycle;
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure your work is aligned with the creative and technical direction of the game;
- Maintain ownership of your work from conception to integration into the game engine;
- Work autonomously when required and find solutions to problems which you and others encounter;
- Share knowledge and assist all members of the team to reach high standards and the best possible outcomes;
- Support the lead and producer in planning and managing your workload to meet project milestones;
- Approach challenges with a positive attitude and work in the best interests of the team at all stages;
- Conduct any relevant ad-hoc work when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong understanding of animation principles and how to apply them to your work;
- Strong practical experience using 3D character animation software;
- Knowledge of node-graph based animation systems and character rigging fundamentals;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively as a partner in a large multi-skilled, multi-cultural team within and external to the studio;
- Willingness to propose and implement creative solutions to assigned work;
- Understanding of the constraints and potential of digital animation technology and maintain an interest in rapidly evolving industry standards;
- Experience working on 3D character animation for videogames, film or tv production;
- Experience working with motion capture and real-time animation an advantage;
- Proven experience completing a shipped title or project;
- Development for console and / or high-end PC an advantage;
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.