Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Facilitate and monitor the production of multiple project features and the activities of the development team to ensure timely delivery at the required levels of quality. The Associate Producer implements new processes, tools and workable methods which aids the day-to-day activities and increases productivity and collaboration within their teams.
- Simultaneously run the development of multiple teams within core feature cells/disciplines comprising of up to 25-30 developers in total;
- Implement workable processes and pipelines to streamline development, increase productivity and improve day-to-day activities within your teams;
- Create strategies, plans, roadmaps, schedules and capacity planning for your teams on a sprint, milestone and project basis to effectively manage your given area of the mandate;
- Create and monitor tasks using the appropriate tools, updating and reporting on progress where necessary;
- Suggest improvements to Production processes on the project;
- Collaborate with project Leads, Direction and Production groups to create necessary development plans and strategies in accordance with timescales;
- Facilitate, organise and follow up on development team’s meetings, assigning out actions as appropriate;
- Effectively plan sprints according to milestone targets and work with your given Leads to create the product backlog;
- Participate in the construction and guidance of a production team to reach the project's ambitions in terms of quality, timing and budget;
- Support the day-to-day management of Production team members;
- Mediate cross-discipline situations with a focus on delivery within the team and the project as a whole;
- Provide reports on tasks and issues relating to project management and the project as a whole, both within the team and the studio;
- Work directly with the teams to foster strong relationships and build collaboration efforts on the project as whole;
- Work with Co-Dev partners to build strong relationships outside the studio;
- Identify and mitigate all dependencies within the teams under your ownership;
- With the assistance of your line manager, identify, assess and manage risks, raising issues associated with the project, creating appropriate mitigation plans and subsequent actions;
- Prioritise tasks, suggest relevant solutions to issues and track outcomes to milestones and other objectives relating to the project;
- Organise and define what is required from the team whilst managing the needs of the project in the short-term;
- Optimise the use of the budget relating to the project and measure the financial impact and value of the team’s plans;
- Conduct ad-hoc jobs related to content or project support as appropriate;
- Collaborate with internal and external Quality Control teams to ensure bugs are fixed at an appropriate rate and to the correct priority;
- Be a positive and influential presence within project and the local studio.
Skills and Knowledge
- A workable and proven understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, work effectively under pressure and prioritise tasks;
- Exemplary written, interpersonal and communication skills;
- In depth knowledge of the video game industry and production processes;
- Good knowledge of the video game market, qualities of leadership and/or knowledge of technology;
- Ability to adapt and effectively communicate using different styles when working with team members across the world with various cultural backgrounds;
- Strong emotional intelligence;
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, MS Project, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Proven and workable knowledge of project management software (e.g. Jira, Hansoft) and other relevant task tracking tools.
- 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience in project management with significant involvement in 1 published game or a full project life-cycle;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience in the video game or software development industry is essential;
- Experience in a full-time project management role is essential;
- Experience in team and direct line management is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.