Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
The Narrative Designer participates in the crafting of a game’s story and designing its narrative systems, creating characters, defining the story behind locations or objects, designing the narrative of missions, building story arcs, contributing to building the player’s emotional journey.
- Working within a narrative team to formulate plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats that support the game design and the underlying IP.
- Create descriptions and backstories for characters, locations, objects, events
- Creates proposal outlines and documents for internal and external review
- Support the Game Design team in defining systems and structures to support the game experience throughout the entire game
- Determines how the narrative will be presented in game and work with teams to establish these systems.
- Participate in the development of specific features and assets, as well as in their implementation and debug
- Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience;
- May be required to assume the responsibilities of the writer on certain projects
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills & knowledge
- Good knowledge of video games and open world narrative approaches
- A basic knowledge of Game Design
- Strong listening and communication skills;
- To spot new trends and innovations in the industry.
- Experience in any successful game as a writer
- Degree in Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or an equivalent.
- Three years of validated and relevant experience in creative writing
- Strong writing skills in English
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.