Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Participate in interviews and ensure proper staffing and team make up;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints;
- Long term planning in anticipation of gates and milestones;
- Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly pivot with changes in production and timelines given by the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Create Art Bible and Style guild in collaboration with the Art Director, setting the vision and direction;
- Identify and set up best practices;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required;
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals including anatomy, shape/form language, architecture and design;
- Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop;
- Good working knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 2 games, preferably with 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
- Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training is a plus.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.