Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced Build Engineer (DevOps) with an in-depth knowledge of CI/CD pipelines to join our Data Management team which is split between Ubisoft Reflections (Newcastle) and Ubisoft Leamington studios. As a member of the Data Management team, you will be responsible for supporting several projects continuously and will participate in creating, deploying and scaling our OpenStack based cloud system.
As a Build Engineer (DevOps), this opportunity will allow you to work in a fast-paced environment working at the cutting-edge of new technologies, both cloud based and with CI/CD development. You will work with multiple disciplines from engine programmers to level designers and everything in-between.
- Work with DevOps best practices to implement CI/CD pipelines to design and build systems that are scalable, stable and efficient
- Implement automation of recurrent tasks through scripting; (Python, Bash)
- Monitor and maintain our systems and identify patterns that affect performance, reliability or availability of the services that we provide to projects and work towards eliminating these issues via automation or other technical innovation
- Maintain and monitor our Kubernetes cluster infrastructure to ensure its consistent reliability and scalability
- Support the Senior Build Engineer with any ad-hoc tasks that are required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong experience of Linux-based infrastructures and cloud-based systems
- Experience with automated build systems and continuous integrations platforms (Jenkins / TeamCity preferred)
- A good understanding of scripting languages (Bash / Python preferred)
- Version Control administration experience (Perforce / Git preferred)
- Good knowledge of container and orchestration technologies, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with database technology, e.g. MongoDB and MySQL
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with ELK Stack would be beneficial.
- At least 2 years of demonstrable experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent
- At least one year of experience deploying and maintaining cloud applications, e.g. AWS, OpenStack
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, resourcefulness and able to be flexible
- Ability to resolve problems and take the initiative.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.