Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
The Senior Technical Artist will leverage knowledge of multiple disciplines within technical art to develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes;
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project;
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints;
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management;
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high quality art with limited resources;
- Set and share best practices within the group;
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Assist in the development of training programs for artists as and when they are required;
- Provide feedback and advise team members on the project;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations and textures as and when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Understanding and history of proficiency in using 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce);
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations;
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines;
- Knowledge of different hardware architecture;
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
- Knowledge of video bit rates, compression methods and other associated processes is desirable;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in technical art or other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 1 game within the technical art discipline; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.