Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As part of the QC team, provide constant support to the assigned development cell(s) or area(s) and to the project as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected level of quality.
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Use project tools to assist in finding, reproducing, debugging, and reporting bugs;
- Track, review, assign, and maintain bugs in the database that are relevant to the assigned area(s);
- Perform regular regression of entered bugs to validate that they are fixed;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance and impact of the bugs encountered, the status of the build, and your perception of the game’s quality;
- Stay up-to-date with planned changes and updates from the Development team;
- Validate new/updated specific content, features, and fixes for quality and functionality, both before and after those changes are submitted to the game;
- Develop and maintain test workflows for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game;
- Develop, optimise, and complete smoke tests for the assigned area(s) or of specific builds to ensure they are usable as the project requires;
- Propose, develop, optimise, and execute test cases for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency and quality of the project;
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing;
- Autonomously determine the prioritisation of assigned work based on the project’s needs, and clarify requirements with relevant team members where needed;
- Generate and present testing strategies in advance of upcoming work for the assigned area(s), and participate in the enactment of those strategies;
- Raise project issues and risks that you observe to the relevant parties and participate in mitigation of those risks with a view to avoiding recurring issues;
- Establish and maintain good communication and productive collaboration with all team members on the project;
- Ensure the quality of new/updated project tools before they are deployed;
- Support the Development, Production, and Marketing teams with specific requests;
- Work closely with the Lead QA to ensure that all testing needs for the assigned work are correctly met;
- Be an advocate for working best practices, maintaining high standards, and setting an example to the rest of the QC team;
- Train, mentor, and assist QC team members with any of the above whenever relevant.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills are essential;
- Demonstrable ability to problem solve and use initiative;
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and coordinate tasks amongst the team;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Demonstrable ability to take on and work with given feedback;
- Demonstrable ability to remain resilient and adaptable in changing environments;
- Demonstrable ability to manage own workload autonomously;
- Solid technical knowledge of video games industry processes and terms;
- Knowledge of working with console platforms and commonly used game editors is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment and Microsoft Office software;
- Knowledge of scrum methodology;
- Knowledge of test/build automation processes is a plus;
- Knowledge of software debugging methods is a plus;
- Experience using advanced functions of issue tracking software (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, etc.);
- Experience using version control software (e.g. Perforce, GitHub, etc.);
- Relevant experience as a tester in a video game company is essential, preferably embedded directly within a development team;
- Experience of the full development cycle of at least three shipped software products or major updates to software products, preferably in the games industry;
- Experience of mentorship, coaching, or training of team members in a previous role is a plus;
- Any other relevant experience outside the games industry according to the skills and knowledge listed above.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.