Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Enrich and drive the creative vision through the game’s visual identity, ensure excellence in the game’s artistic signature and establish best practices in artistic direction and art production.
- Conceive, lead and influence the graphic style of the game based on the creative direction (film references, other games, design documents);
- Communicate the quality and content expectations for the atmospheres, settings, characters, etc. to team members using effective visual references and documents that describe the artistic direction;
- Follow up on and validate the work of the art team to ensure that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and that quality objectives are met;
- Establish visual priorities and help in planning the work in collaboration with the lead artist and the production team;
- Develop innovative artistic concepts and participate in map creation (framing, scales, compositions, and interactions) with the creative director and game designer;
- Work closely with the lead artist, the art technical directors, and the lead 3D programmer to optimize the efforts to innovate and the quality of the graphics generated;
- Mentor and develop the Studio’s creative teams through the sharing of artistic knowledge, methodologies and expertise via talks, workshops and one-to-one training;
- Contribute on a studio level to initiatives that have a real impact on the organisation, such as studio-wide content reviews, suggesting or implementing process improvements and training;
- Lead and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all Art Leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level;
- Share best practices relating to art direction within the group and participate to the art direction of a project at a group level.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the gaming industry;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback;
- Ability to communicate a vision and present ideas;
- Strong artistic judgment, ability to revise and suggest improvement on the work done by others;
- Excellent communication with internal and external teams;
- Ability to travel for studio’s needs;
- Strong Leadership skills and a sense of initiative;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Good Knowledge of 2D and 3D software packages;
- Good Knowledge of visual story telling;
- Good gameplay and level design knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in graphic design, modelling or any other relevant training;
- 10 years’ experience as an Art Director, Associate Art Director or equivalent within a video game development studio;
- Experience working within various game engines;
- Shipped at least 4 games, with at least 1 being AAA on a next generation console;
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.