Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create and own major game systems and mentor junior designers.
- Key role in design creation and balancing of major game systems, often as feature owner;
- Carry ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders across multiple disciplines;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Contribute towards improving standards of all design practices;
- Combine innovation with a strong knowledge of industry standards;
- Ability to produce clear and effective design documentation of major features.
- Support, guidance and feedback for junior designers.
Skills and Knowledge
- Key knowledge and understanding in at least one specific area of design;
- Strong knowledge of current design methodologies;
- Good awareness of market trends;
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platform and their core design practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the feature and the sharing of the information from it;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent time management and a developing knowledge of prioritisation skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Show an ability to navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Show an initial understanding of how to be exemplary, attentive, supportive and constructive around taking on or giving feedback.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience;
- 5 years minimum experience in Game Design or relevant role;
- Shipped at least 1 game in the game design discipline, preferably a full cycle on a AAA title or equivalent.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.