From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Far Cry 5® and Starlink: Battle For Atlas®. Currently comprised of a 90-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Deliver, with support, the creation of character models and assets in respect of the technical constraints and artistic direction of the project.
- Create fully functioning character models which are in line with project requirements and artistic direction with support and feedback from the Lead Character artist and Seniors on the team;
- Use appropriate tools to create character clothing and other related assets;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Provide primary models to programmers so they can integrate them into the engine and test gameplay intentions with support and input from the Lead Character Artist and Seniors on the team;
- Support the Lead Character Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine;
- Basic knowledge of clothing creation packages;
- Understanding of shader and texture pipelines;
- Good understanding of Animal and Human anatomy;
- Understanding of basic character design principles;
- Good knowledge of modelling techniques;
- Good knowledge of character skinning;
- Good knowledge of sculpting tools and techniques;
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Knowledge of the video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or any other relevant training.
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2020 or be graduating in 2021 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a post study work visa or already have the right to work in the UK from January 2021.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.