Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create and implement design elements into the game while working in a collaborative multidiscipline environment.
- Design and implement game levels that meet the style, quality standards and timelines of the project;
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to provide gameplay experiences according to the design and creative vision of the project;
- Apply a notion of appropriate difficulty, pacing and flow within game levels, and how to leverage emotional reactions from players through design;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools developed by the Technical Design team and provide them with relevant feedback;
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating engaging level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or playstyles;
- Contribute to the creation of planning schedules to prioritise responsibilities and estimate time commitments;
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Adhere to quality benchmarks and best practices in level design content in accordance with the project's creative vision;
- Create and update relevant documentation as part of the design process;
- Work with quality control teams as part of the debugging process by communicating relevant information to work towards resolving reported issues in level designs;
- Understand Rational Level Design theory, contribute to the creation of RLD guidelines and implement content accordingly;
- Participate in regular reviews of level design content with the Level Design team to generate feedback in line with the creative vision of the project;
- Understand the playtest process, observe and analyse player actions in the game to generate constructive feedback;
- Make informed decisions with support from senior team members in their day-to-day work;
- Communicate vertically and horizontally within the team in a clear and professional manner;
- Support the Lead Level Designer with any other ad-hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of visual scripting interfaces (such as Blueprints, FlowGraph, etc.);
- Understand how to use the level design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio etc.);
- Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
- Good knowledge of an industry standard level editor (such as Unreal, Unity, etc.);
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Adaptability and proactivity;
- Solid organisation skills with attention to detail;
- Solid understanding of the consumer needs and market trends.
- 2 year’s minimum experience in Level Design or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Game or level Design or other relevant training;
- Has shipped at least 1 game within Level Design role, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.