From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Assassins Creed Syndicate®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands® as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home® and Grow Up® series.
Work within the narrative team and with other design teams, conceive, create, and advocate appropriate narrative features, and write narrative content. Learn from the designers, writers, and other creatives in order to become a better narrative designer.
- Create compelling dialogue cut scenes with excellent pacing, camera, and character acting inside the game engine;
- Collaborate with the level design, scriptwriting, animating, and programming departments;
- Understand the elements of gameplay and consider how they might affect the narrative structure;
- Collaborate with the lead narrative designer and narrative team to implement narrative systems that effect the desired emotional responses in the player;
- Collaborate with the lead narrative designer and narrative team in the creation of content supporting the key emotions and the game experience (dialogue, scripted events, etc);
- Create and maintain documentation of narrative systems and content;
- Participate in the development, implementation, and debugging of specific features and assets;
- Throughout the production, iterate on narrative systems and scripted events according to feedback;
- Assume writing and design responsibilities as required;
- Perform research related tasks as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- A good understanding of linear and non-linear narrative;
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad writing proficiency or a writing expertise;
- Strong analytical and deductive reasoning;
- Must possess excellent listening and communication skills;
- The ability to be creative whenever needed;
- Insatiable desire to learn;
- A unique perspective not yet found or underrepresented on our team;
- Some knowledge of game design or programming is a plus;
- Please attach any samples of your writing, design, or both that you feel demonstrate your abilities to your application.
- Degree in Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or an equivalent;
- Previous experience at a video game studio or working on video games is helpful but not essential for this role.
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2020 or be graduating in 2021 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a post study work visa or already have the right to work in the UK from January 2021.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.