Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Assassins Creed Syndicate®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands® as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home® and Grow Up® series.
Check game assets meet technical requirements, report issues, and deliver actionable feedback to content creation teams; bridging the gap between the Technical Art team and the content creation teams.
- Use project tools to assist in finding, reproducing, debugging, and reporting bugs;
- Provide verbal and documented validation feedback in a clear and concise manner;
- Maintain strong communication and productive collaboration across the project;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Perform regular regression to ensure validation feedback and bugs entered are fixed;
- Stay up to date with planned changes and updates from the development teams;
- Identify and highlight trends in failed validation to your Lead;
- Assist the Quality Assurance team during quiet periods;
- Work with your Lead to ensure all validation is checked to a consistent high standard.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Strong organization and time management abilities;
- Strong annotation, documentation and guide writing/recording skills;
- Strong interest in video game art production and development;
- Strong interest in technical set-ups of assets for game assets;
- Basic knowledge of materials and shaders;
- Basic understanding and experience of 3D art creation software, techniques and terminology;
- Basic understanding and experience of 3D game engine;
- Ability to engage in group discussions;
- Ability to present and deliver information;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant art, design, or other technical discipline - or other relevant training or equivalent experience;
- 3+ months’ relevant experience in the video game industry (preferable).
Benefits and Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.