Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Assassins Creed Syndicate®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands® as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home® and Grow Up® series.
Own and design the monetization opportunities that respect the core game vision and create fair and generous player experience.
- Work closely with the Monetization Manager and other relevant partners to promote monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention, increasing game revenue while keeping players experience fair and generous;
- Design sustainable monetization systems in line with the game’s long-term vision;
- Define pricing strategy for in-game store items, bundles, and promotions based on the overall monetization direction;
- Ensure monetization systems work in harmony with the game economy;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm monetization systems are well integrated in the core gameplay features;
- Monitor KPIs, review performance of current systems as well propose new solutions;
- Collaborate with Game Designers and the Monetization Manager to help identify, design and implement new features and items to improve user conversion, retention and monetization;
- Work closely with production, business and analytics to optimize revenue using data driven approach;
- Prepare competitive analysis on emerging monetization trends and identify ways of integrating it into game monetization strategy;
- Produce clear, effective design documentation according to project standards and develop an understanding of how to make it effective as possible;
- Aim to combine innovation and knowledge of existing standards to create monetization features which provide the best experience for players and highest revenue opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies regarding player acquisition, retention and monetization;
- Great knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an understanding of the core monetization strategies behind them;
- Good knowledge of key performance indicators for live games, ability to identify and predict trends based on KPI reports
- Strong ability to deconstruct core loop into smaller systems and identifying in them best possible opportunities for optional revenue sources;
- Strong analytical thinking, understanding features perceived value from players perspective and possible friction points;
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model complex systems and draw qualitative conclusions out of data.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, understanding prioritization based on systems impacts on the game’s monetization;
- Great knowledge of Excel and other relevant software i.e. analytics dashboards
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience in business, economics, statistics or similar;
- 2 years or more experience in game monetization, business performance, digital sales, product management or other relevant fields;
- Experience monetizing F2P AAA or Mobile games an asset
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.