Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Assassins Creed Syndicate®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands® as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home® and Grow Up® series.
Lead a team of development testers within a collaborative multidiscipline environment and be responsible for the management of testing the project, features or game mode.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Communicate the objectives, strategies and general project information to the team to provide visibility on the progress of the game’s development;
- Create the test plan in conjunction with the Producer and Lead Programmer;
- Assign tasks to the team and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all concerned;
- Maintain the bug database for a mode or feature set, creating dashboards, filters, reports and organise regression passes on resolved issues;
- Send regular status reports for a mode, feature set or SKU to relevant parties;
- Assess and manage risks, communicating them to appropriate parties;
- Follow up on requests from the development team, especially supporting production in recording tasks;
- Determine the improvements to the test processes to ensure that the testers work efficiently;
- Manage multiple branches and associated integration requests, communicating the processes to the team;
- Drive the closing process as the project moves through milestones;
- Proactively determine and implement initiatives to enhance test processes and foster collaborations between QC team leads in other Ubisoft studios;
- Oversee daily and milestone reports to relevant stakeholders making sure they are fit for purpose;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build, including qualitative perception of the game’s quality;
- Facilitate creation and management of written tutorials and technical guides in the shared knowledge base;
- Help the team set up and maintain a functioning workspace including advanced troubleshooting of software and tools;
- Communicate effectively with collaborating studios and be the point of contact for a specific game mode, feature set or SKU;
- Work with productivity and infrastructure teams across Ubisoft to debug build systems and contribute to effective setup and use.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference;
- Knowledge of the bug tracking software (Jira preferred) and version control software like Perforce;
- Awareness of automation processes;
- Able to adopt a proactive approach and adapt to change;
- Ability to analyse problems and possess good problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years industry experience in QA/QC or equivalent as team leader or in a senior capacity, preferably in an embedded role;
- Must have shipped a minimum of one game title and experienced the full production cycle or overseen multiple software updates.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.