Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Far Cry 5® and Starlink: Battle For Atlas®. Currently comprised of a 90-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Lead, mobilise and develop the Animation team within a collaborative multi-discipline environment; define the animation benchmarks, track the schedule, manage and mentor team members, while being hands-on with developing the animation style, techniques, and pipelines for the project.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines;
- Identify and set up best practices;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into their team;
- Make suggestions that are in line with the game's marketing positioning;
- Sets the benchmark for the animation style, guidelines and pipeline;
- Keep open channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource partner;
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints;
- Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of animation techniques and rigging;
- Good knowledge of in-engine animation techniques, state machines and cinematics;
- Good knowledge of game the development pipeline;
- impeccable interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
- Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.