Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Far Cry 5® and Starlink: Battle For Atlas®. Currently comprised of a 90-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Create minor game systems and assist in the creation of all others.
- Responsible for the design creation and balancing of minor game systems and assists in major game systems;
- Carry ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders across multiple disciplines;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Aim to provide innovation and show an understanding of industry standards;
- Ability to produce clear and effective design documentation of minor features;
- Assist with any support or guidance for junior designers if required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Keen interest, understanding and knowledge in at least one area of aspect of design.
- Developing knowledge of current design methodologies
- A growing awareness of market trends where relevant;
- Knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an initial understanding of their core design practice.
- Knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good time management and a developing knowledge of prioritisation skills
- Self-motivated and an initial ability to be pro-active within areas of ownership;
- Be able to listen to and take on board feedback.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience;
- 2-3 years minimum experience in Game Design or relevant role.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.