Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer than believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft is looking for a Managing Director for our Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Royal Leamington Spa studios.
Reporting directly to the Chief Studios Operating Officer at our Paris head office, the Managing Director is responsible for ensuring the definition, execution, and success of the studios strategic plan. In collaboration with the management team and global counterparts, you will participate in the development of Ubisoft’s vision and strategic orientations.
You will assume the leadership of the studios to ensure their success and offer all its teams a healthy and inclusive environment where everyone can achieve their full potential.
In collaboration with your local management team, you will oversee all activities related to the management of both studios including production, human resources, finance and communications strategy.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Building a strategic plan to ensure the long-term development and evolution of your studios.
- Establish and monitor management indicators to measure the strategic plan’s deployment.
- Ensure close collaboration with HQ and all partner studios associated with the projects.
- Defining and sharing an inspiring vision for your studio and engaging everyone around it.
- Fostering and promoting a strong organisational culture where teams’ values are always upheld and respected.
- Ensuring that you build and nurture teams that continually grow and improve to contribute to Ubisoft’s success and growth.
- Empower and engage your studio management team to continue the unique studio culture and innovative spirit of the team.
The ideal candidate
- You are a visionary, able to think big-picture, carry a strategic vision and understand the short-term detail.
- You have extensive experience managing large teams, projects and budgets within a world-class business environment
- You are familiar with the video games industry or the tech/creative industry
- You are a positive leader who believes in the power of diversity – authentic, honest, and know how to create a climate of trust
- You have excellent communication skills to convince and influence in a constructive manner
- You have the ability to make courageous decisions and communicate them clearly