From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 90-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Assist in the creation and implementation of design elements while working within a collaborative multidiscipline environment.
- Integrate assigned levels with support from team members;
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level according to the creative vision of the project;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools developed by the Technical Design team and provide relevant feedback;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work in line with the defined quality standards for the project;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Develop an understanding of Rational Level Design theory and implement content according to defined guidelines;
- Maintain and update relevant documentation as part of the design process;
- Work with internal quality control team as part of any debugging process by communicating and working towards resolving any reported issues;
- Participate in regular content reviews with the team to generate feedback and incorporate changes as required;
- Participate in the playtest process and observe player actions on the project to generate feedback for the team;
- Support the Lead Level Designer with any other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of visual scripting interfaces (such as Blueprints, FlowGraph, etc.);
- Basic understanding of level design workflow as part of the production pipeline;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.);
- Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
- Good knowledge of level editors;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Adaptability and proactivity;
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Good understanding of consumer needs and market trends;
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or other relevant training.
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2020 or be graduating in 2021 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a post study work visa or already have the right to work in the UK from January 2021.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.