Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Far Cry 5® and Starlink: Battle For Atlas®. Currently comprised of a 90-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
- Maintain build machines;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, organising and planning the implementation of features with direction from their lead, and assist less experienced programmers;
- Ensure coding standards are followed in their own and others code;
- Collect, interpret and analyse the technical feasibility of system/feature specifications;
- Write clear and well-structured code using the appropriate data structure and algorithms while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Include comments in the code and document implemented features;
- Stay up-to-date with technology advances within the field;
- Perform code review for peers;
- Assist less experienced build engineers;
- Capture data from the build farm to help define future development of the build system and build farm;
- Support the Lead Build Engineer in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Perforce);
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, Perl, Python, Lua);
- Knowledge of build configuration and makefiles;
- Knowledge of build management tools (e.g. Jenkins);
- Knowledge of all areas of the build pipeline
- Understanding of speed and memory considerations, and able to implement basic optimisations;
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application;
- Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor functionality of an existing module;
- Ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, and multi-threading;
- Knowledge of difference software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.
- Knowledge of console platform submission requirements (TRCs, XRs, etc.) is desirable;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent;
- 3 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published project as a build engineer;
- Experience with large engines and complex pipelines is desirable;
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform is an advantage (e.g. PS4, XBOX 1, Switch);
- Experience in software design patterns and UML;
- Experience of asynchronous, multithreaded application development is desirable;
- Experience profiling and optimisation is desirable;
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.