Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Assassins Creed Syndicate®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands® as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home® and Grow Up® series.
Create minor game systems and assist in the creation of all others.
- Responsible for the design creation and balancing of minor game systems and assists in major game systems;
- Carry ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders across multiple disciplines;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Aim to provide innovation and show an understanding of industry standards;
- Ability to produce clear and effective design documentation of minor features;
- Assist with any support or guidance for junior designers if required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Keen interest, understanding and knowledge in at least one area of aspect of design.
- Developing knowledge of current design methodologies
- A growing awareness of market trends where relevant;
- Knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an initial understanding of their core design practice.
- Knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good time management and a developing knowledge of prioritisation skills
- Self-motivated and an initial ability to be pro-active within areas of ownership;
- Be able to listen to and take on board feedback.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience;
- 2-3 years minimum experience in Game Design or relevant role.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.