Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Assassins Creed Syndicate®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands® as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home® and Grow Up® series.
- Maintain web services;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
- Use practical solutions to implement feature requests;
- Ensure coding standards are followed in their own code;
- Be aware of technical constraints for systems / features;
- Write clear and well-structured code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Ensure that code changes are fully tested by yourself and involving quality control when appropriate;
- Follow relevant check-in procedures;
- Stay up to date with technology advances within the field;
- Perform code review for peers;
- Assist less experienced web developers;
- Support their manager in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Git, Perforce);
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, node.js, Perl, PHP, Python);
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. mongoDB, MySQL);
- Basic understanding of bandwidth considerations;
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Knowledge of analytics systems (e.g. Kibana, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana) is desirable;
- Knowledge of application deployment systems (e.g. Kubernetes) is desirable;
- Knowledge of web app development platforms (e.g. Angular) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or equivalent;
- 3 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published project as a web developer;
- Experience profiling and optimisation is desirable;
- Experience in device and browser compatibility is desirable;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Code and source control is desirable;
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.