Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Lead, mobilise and develop a team of game designers towards creating and developing engaging features.
- Support, guidance and feedback for the team;
- Manage and help organise the day to day task of the team;
- Regular and meaningful 1-1’s with the team,
- Hiring manager for any future candidates within the team;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for the team members. Empower them with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Build and grow/maintain an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels ensuring that the team player culture is fostered;
- Work on career growth and succession planning for the team;
- Provide the tea with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development.
- Empower and guide the team in design, creation and balancing of major game systems;
- Help the team to carry ideas from conception, through to prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders across multiple disciplines, and empower team members and feature owners to do the same;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Be a champion for improving standards of all design practises;
- Support the Game Director, Creative Director and Producer to help positively influence the team around a vision for the project;
- Support Senior Lead/ Studio Design Manager to help implement their goals and leadership responsibilities;
- Combine innovation with strong knowledge of industry standards and enable your team to do the same;
- Help and guide the team to produce clear and effective design documentation;
- Produce guides, templates, landing pages and more for the team to help with the teams productivity;
- Balance any potential hands on requirements with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
Skills and Knowledge
- Key knowledge and understanding in multiple areas of design;
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies;
- Strong awareness of market trends;
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the team and their features and the sharing of information from them;
- Able to create, manage and track work for a team of game designers and have a strong knowledge of the relevant tools to do so;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with impact whilst promoting an open dialogue with your team;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills of your own and the teams time;
- Proactive, self-motivated and comfortable making difficult decisions;
- Be exemplary, attentive, supportive and constructive around taking on or giving feedback.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience;
- 6 years minimum experience in Game Design or relevant role;
- Significant involvement in either multiple game titles or projects in the game design discipline, preferably a full cycle on a AAA title or equivalent;
- Ideally have had experience of either mentoring or managing people;
- Experience of at least 1 project at a senior level and preferably as a lead/manager.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.