Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
As part of a multidisciplinary production team, develop and maintain gameplay ingredients, systems and pipelines to create game features and content within the scope of a project. Support other disciplines by bridging the gap between engineering and design. Constantly seek to improve production efficiency and product quality.
- Drive the prototyping of technical elements of game features;
- Collaborate with the Technical Directors to establish and share the project’s technical constraints;
- Keep up to date with game design, assess game features, highlight risks, and work with Technical Director to design and develop systemic solutions;
- Help maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical constraints;
- Define and champion best practices, guidelines and standards;
- Collaborate with the Leads and Technical Direction to set the project metrics;
- Follow and champion the project metrics;
- Review and validate content to ensure that it meets technical standards conforms to metrics and best practices, communicate issues to designers;
- Collaborate with others in the development of innovative content and contribute to efforts to improve the technical quality of the content;
- Document and communicate changes to affected stakeholders;
- Assess tools and pipelines and work with the Technical Director to design and implement improvements;
- Validate new features and tools, participate in their deployment to the rest of the team;
- Contribute to documentation and organise training sessions for all designers on the tools and methods used on the project;
- Debug and implement reliable solutions to difficult issues;
- Provide technical support on the tools and engines to the team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Visual scripting or coding in at least one language;
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language;
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas;
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies and workflows.
- ~5 years’ development experience in a design or technical role, with significant involvement in 2 released products a plus;
- Full-lifecycle experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in game-design, programming or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience with 3D engines (Such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine etc.);
- Training or experience in programming is an asset.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.