Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
The Narrative Designer participates in the crafting of a game’s story and designing its narrative systems, creating characters, defining the story behind locations or objects, designing the narrative of missions, building story arcs, contributing to building the player’s emotional journey.
- Working within a narrative team to formulate plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats that support the game design and the underlying IP.
- Create descriptions and backstories for characters, locations, objects, events
- Creates proposal outlines and documents for internal and external review
- Support the Game Design team in defining systems and structures to support the game experience throughout the entire game
- Determines how the narrative will be presented in game and work with teams to establish these systems.
- Participate in the development of specific features and assets, as well as in their implementation and debug
- Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience;
- May be required to assume the responsibilities of the writer on certain projects
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills & knowledge
- Good knowledge of video games and open world narrative approaches
- A basic knowledge of Game Design
- Strong listening and communication skills;
- To spot new trends and innovations in the industry.
- Experience in any successful game as a writer
- Degree in Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or an equivalent.
- Three years of validated and relevant experience in creative writing
- Strong writing skills in English
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.