Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
As part of the QC team, provide constant support to the assigned development cell(s) or area(s) and to the project as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected level of quality.
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Use project tools to assist in finding, reproducing, debugging, and reporting bugs;
- Track, review, and assign bugs in the database that are relevant to the assigned area(s);
- Perform regular regression of entered bugs to validate that they are fixed;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance and impact of the bugs encountered, the status of the build, and your perception of the game’s quality;
- Stay up-to-date with planned changes and updates from the Development team;
- Validate new/updated specific content, features, and fixes for quality and functionality, both before and after those changes are submitted to the game;
- Develop and maintain test workflows for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game, with the support of the Lead QA or Senior members of QC;
- Develop and complete smoke tests for the assigned area(s) or of specific builds to ensure they are usable as the project requires;
- Propose, develop, and execute test cases for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game;
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing;
- Determine prioritisation of assigned work based on the project’s needs, and clarify requirements with relevant team members where needed;
- Generate and maintain a test schedule in advance of upcoming work with respect to the determined priorities of that work;
- Maintain good communication and productive collaboration with all team members on the project;
- Ensure the quality of new/updated project tools before they are deployed;
- Support the Development, Production, and Marketing teams with specific requests;
- Work closely with the Lead QA to ensure that all testing needs for the assigned work are correctly met.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills are essential;
- Demonstrable ability to problem solve and use initiative;
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Demonstrable ability to take on and work with given feedback;
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference is a plus;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment and Microsoft Office software;
- Knowledge of version control software (e.g. Perforce, GitHub, etc.);
- Knowledge of scrum methodology;
- Knowledge of working with console platforms and commonly used game editors is a plus;
- Awareness of test/build automation processes is a plus;
- Awareness of software debugging methods is a plus.
- Experience using issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.);
- Relevant experience as a tester (in a video game company is a plus), preferably embedded directly within a development team;
- Experience of the full development cycle of at least one shipped software product or major updates to software products;
- Any other relevant experience outside the games industry according to the skills and knowledge listed above.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.