Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Define and lead the audio strategy for a project, with ultimate responsibility and accountability for all audio aspects of the project. Champion audio within the project and the studios.
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Create and establish the audio vision, both artistic and technical, based on the creative direction of the project;
- Determine initial requirements of the project and establish a technical budget with the Producer and Director, incorporating necessary metrics for Audio Design to meet audio vision;
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed;
- Promote best work practices within the team to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data;
- Produce and Execute Audio Direction, maintaining throughout project through reviews, feedback and modification/course correction as needed;
- Work with all other Directors to ensure audio direction is both synergised with and able to enhance, all other game elements;
- Design and implement complex audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with Programmers and Technical Directors to ensure proper integration;
- Ensure that the production processes are followed within the project’s general production pipeline;
- Proactively promote project audio throughout project development and prototyping, encouraging focus on sound during playtests and review sessions;
- Ensure Audio Team focus is spread evenly across project with support for elements including UI, menus, signs and feedback or gameplay;
- Attend all relevant meetings and accurately report back and action the content and findings where necessary;
- Engage in travel when requested by Lead Studio, Producers or Studio Management in order to maintain relationships and strengthen the knowledge and workings of the whole project;
- Represent the studio at group level for Audio, maintain awareness of audio challenges and innovations both within Ubisoft and outside to ensure studio is prepared;
- Work with Audio Lead to define and prepare for the future of the Audio Team including, training, a dedicated audio space, relevant software/hardware, and potential project opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Great communication skills and a team-focused mindset;
- Mastery of DAW systems (e.g. Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase, Sound forge, Reaper);
- In -depth knowledge of the audio engines currently on the market (e.g. Wwise, FMOD);
- An aptitude for keeping up to date on current market trends and emerging audio design advances;
- Good understanding about technical budgeting of audio for games (CPU, RAM, disk I/O, etc), and best optimization practices;
- Musical skills as a musician and/or composer.
- Conducting of voice, Foley, and field recording sessions;
- Recording of live action voices and motion capture;
- Experience in (code) scripting is an asset;
- Previous experience in leading or directing the audio of a project (e.g. game, television, film) is an asset.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.