Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Independently deliver the graphic content for the project and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Assess and plan out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Create fully functional assets which can be shared across the project and respect the technical and artistic constraints;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of various artistic elements, make changes and address issues with team members whenever necessary;
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
- Fully realise a space with the assets available to tell an interesting and varied story;
- Integrate the produced elements, objects and textures into the level;
- Reference game design documents and develop an in-depth knowledge of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style to create game levels;
- Understand project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process to update engine data;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead Environment Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing environments;
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines;
- Good working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages;
- Good understanding of composition and visual storytelling;
- Good knowledge of level editors;
- Good understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce etc.);
- Good gameplay and level design knowledge;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game develop processes;
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques (e.g. 3D Studio Max).
- 2 – 3 years’ industry experience as an Environment Artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modelling;
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.