Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, prototype, create and integrate 3D animation content in line with the creative direction, technology and quality benchmarks of the project.
- Create high-quality, real-time character animation for console and high-end PC video games throughout their production cycle;
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure your work is aligned with the creative and technical direction of the game;
- Maintain ownership of your work from conception to integration into the game engine;
- Work autonomously when required and find solutions to problems which you and others encounter;
- Share knowledge and assist all members of the team to reach high standards and the best possible outcomes;
- Support the lead and producer in planning and managing your workload to meet project milestones;
- Approach challenges with a positive attitude and work in the best interests of the team at all stages;
- Conduct any relevant ad-hoc work when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong understanding of animation principles and how to apply them to your work;
- Strong practical experience using 3D character animation software;
- Knowledge of node-graph based animation systems and character rigging fundamentals;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively as a partner in a large multi-skilled, multi-cultural team within and external to the studio;
- Willingness to propose and implement creative solutions to assigned work;
- Understanding of the constraints and potential of digital animation technology and maintain an interest in rapidly evolving industry standards;
- Experience working on 3D character animation for videogames, film or tv production;
- Experience working with motion capture and real-time animation an advantage;
- Proven experience completing a shipped title or project;
- Development for console and / or high-end PC an advantage;
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.