Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
The Senior Art Technician will work closely with the Lead to overview daily and weekly duties of the team and ensure the timely and successful completion of work for internal milestones. Help to facilitate the development of new and existing testing processes and requirements, including the delivery any required updates and training to the wider team.
- Use project tools to assist in finding, reproducing, debugging, and reporting bugs;
- Provide verbal and documented validation feedback in a clear and concise manner;
- Advocate strong communication and productive collaboration across the project;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Track and review tasks in the asset pipelines using the designated tracking tools;
- Perform regular regression to ensure validation feedback and bugs entered are fixed;
- Stay up to date with planned changes and updates from the development teams;
- Create and oversee the creation and maintenance of relevant documentation;
- Proactive Knowledge Sharing;
- Be in regular communication with the discipline leads and production, flagging key issues, raising risks and highlighting opportunities for improvement;
- Communicate common issues and promote best practices to the content teams;
- Assist the Quality Assurance team during quiet periods;
- Determine the prioritization of assigned work based on the project’s needs, and clarify requirements with relevant team members;
- Propose and develop improvements to existing processes and workflows;
- Ensure all validation is checked to a consistent high standard;
- Train, mentor, and assist other validators with any of the above whenever relevant.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Excellent organization and time management abilities;
- Excellent annotation, documentation and guide writing/recording skills;
- Strong interest and understanding of video game art production and development;
- Strong interest and understanding of technical set-ups for game assets;
- Strong understanding and experience of 3D art creation software, techniques and terminology;
- Strong understanding and experience of 3D game engine;
- Strong Knowledge of materials and shaders;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from a functional and aesthetic point of view;
- Confidence engaging-in and leading group discussions;
- Confidence presenting, and delivering information;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Experience coaching and developing other team members;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant art, design, or other technical discipline - or other relevant training or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years’ experience in the video game industry in an embedded Quality Assurance / Art-Support role – or other relevant role.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.