Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The HR Manager role will provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped with best practice to foster a high performance and inclusive culture. This role will also act as a bridge between management and employees to create a network to ensure that the values and culture of the studio are respected and encouraged.
- Line management of local HR Team
- Assist with the overall operations and the delivery of strategic objectives;
- Monitor and ensure company compliance with changing employment laws, update management;
- Manage complex employee relations including but not limited to dispute resolutions, absence management, disciplinaries and grievances;
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them;
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes;
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers;
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy;
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals;
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary;
- Support change management processes;
- Benchmarking of salaries and benefits against relevant UK companies to ensure our proposition remains competitive;
- Identify compensation issues at studio level and propose annual salary increase budget for approval;
- Manage local HR Budget.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of UK employment legislation and its application
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment is essential;
- Appreciation of video game industry and video game production is desired;
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of collaborators;
- Comfortable working with databases and reporting tools;
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and report building skills.
- Proven HR generalist experience of three to five years
- Line Management experience
- Experience in developing and supporting line managers through change
- Experience in compensation and benefits
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.