Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Define and lead the audio strategy for a project, with ultimate responsibility and accountability for all audio aspects of the project. Champion audio within the project and the studios.
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Create and establish the audio vision, both artistic and technical, based on the creative direction of the project;
- Determine initial requirements of the project and establish a technical budget with the Producer and Director, incorporating necessary metrics for Audio Design to meet audio vision;
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed;
- Promote best work practices within the team to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data;
- Produce and Execute Audio Direction, maintaining throughout project through reviews, feedback and modification/course correction as needed;
- Work with all other Directors to ensure audio direction is both synergised with and able to enhance, all other game elements;
- Design and implement complex audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with Programmers and Technical Directors to ensure proper integration;
- Ensure that the production processes are followed within the project’s general production pipeline;
- Proactively promote project audio throughout project development and prototyping, encouraging focus on sound during playtests and review sessions;
- Ensure Audio Team focus is spread evenly across project with support for elements including UI, menus, signs and feedback or gameplay;
- Attend all relevant meetings and accurately report back and action the content and findings where necessary;
- Engage in travel when requested by Lead Studio, Producers or Studio Management in order to maintain relationships and strengthen the knowledge and workings of the whole project;
- Represent the studio at group level for Audio, maintain awareness of audio challenges and innovations both within Ubisoft and outside to ensure studio is prepared;
- Work with Audio Lead to define and prepare for the future of the Audio Team including, training, a dedicated audio space, relevant software/hardware, and potential project opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Great communication skills and a team-focused mindset;
- Mastery of DAW systems (e.g. Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase, Sound forge, Reaper);
- In -depth knowledge of the audio engines currently on the market (e.g. Wwise, FMOD);
- An aptitude for keeping up to date on current market trends and emerging audio design advances;
- Good understanding about technical budgeting of audio for games (CPU, RAM, disk I/O, etc), and best optimization practices;
- Musical skills as a musician and/or composer.
- Conducting of voice, Foley, and field recording sessions;
- Recording of live action voices and motion capture;
- Experience in (code) scripting is an asset;
- Previous experience in leading or directing the audio of a project (e.g. game, television, film) is an asset.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.