Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Provide critical support to all game projects within the studio, ensure the smooth operation of vital software services, perform key data operations and provide help-desk troubleshooting for our project development environment.
- Provide a support role for production tools to users within the studio and its projects;
- Provide Perforce end-user support for multiple projects alongside back-end administration of Perforce instances including branch management and integration support.
- Identify tool support requirements for projects and proactively discuss requirements with the Tools Team
- Be a primary point of contact for external support teams (HQ, Studio Collaboration etc.);
- Provide project pipeline support including workstation configuration and tool configuration;
- Maintain a good general knowledge of the production pipelines and tools and provide up-to-date documentation on workflow methods, pipeline systems within a centralised accessible location;
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices;
- Responsible for the consistency of data and versions;
- Deliver game builds to Development and QC Teams (internal and external);
- Deliver game builds for external contacts at the request of Production (i.e. Localisation, Marketing, HQ, Submissions);
- Support production in the preparation of submissions material;
- Follow and uphold SCM best practices;
- Monitor build systems for failures and errors and flag these to build engineers, development team and QC as appropriate;
- Proactively develop an understanding of multiple build system technologies used within Ubisoft (e.g. Dashboard, Jenkins, Team City, QuickBuild);
- Proactively predict and resolve future issues (e.g. capacity constraints, maintenance intervals, etc);
- Monitor and manage network storage facilities (NAS / SAN) and report issues when they arise;
- Maintenance of build farms with operating systems ranging from Windows Server 2012 R2 to Linux based distributions.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (Perforce is especially beneficial);
- A rigorous and structured approach with strong problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills;
- A proactive attitude, resourceful nature and someone who thrives on autonomy;
- Ability to work calmly, considered and with purpose under pressure;
- Technical competency in understanding the intricacies of pipelines and production tools and the ability to identify bottlenecks or other avenues for improvement;
- An interest in safekeeping and organizing data with strong work ethics around this;
- Technical understanding of Active Directory services is a plus;
- A knowledge of Linux distributions such as Fedora, Red Hat and Proxmox would be advantageous.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.