Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
- Architect web sites to support project needs;
- Work with IT and Production to ensure the web servers can meet project requirements;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
- Ensure coding standards are followed in their own code;
- Collect, interpret and analyse the technical feasibility of system/feature specifications;
- Write clear and well-structured code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Include comments in the code and document implemented features;
- Stay up to date with technology advances within the field;
- Perform code review for peers;
- Mentor less experienced web developers
- Ensure that code changes are fully tested by yourself and involving quality control when appropriate;
- Support their manager in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Git, Perforce);
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, node.js, Perl, PHP, Python);
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. mongoDB, MySQL);
- Understanding of bandwidth considerations, and able to implement optimisations;
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application;
- Knowledge of difference software development methods such as Test-Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc. ;
- Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor functionality of an existing module;
- Ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, and multi-threading;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of analytics systems (e.g. Kibana, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana) is desirable;
- Knowledge of application deployment systems (e.g. Kubernetes) is desirable;
- Knowledge of web app development platforms (e.g. Angular) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or equivalent;
- 6 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 2 published projects as a web developer;
- Experience profiling and optimisation is required;
- Experience in device and browser compatibility is required;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Code and source control is desirable;
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.