Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multi-discipline environment; working with Production and other development teams, define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key-player in delivering the artistic content of the project.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner regarding the VFX & Lighting;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines;
- Identify and set up best practices, work-flows and pipelines;
- Report to Production on the progress of work and any issues or risks relating to the project;
- Facilitate training initiatives for the team as required in liaison with the Learning & Development Manager;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes in Direction into their team’s work;
- Make suggestions that are in-line with the game's marketing positioning;
- Keep open channels of communication across their team / collaborating studio / outsource partner;
- Produce schedules alongside the member of Production with respect of constraints;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
- Manage the on-boarding process for new starters in their team;
- Regularly update their team and Production (including the use of ‘scrums’);
- Manage individual team members’ performance and progress;
- Conduct regular 1-to-1 meetings with their team members to assess progress towards career goals, maintain good morale and resolve issues;
- There may be some ability to travel needed for this role;
- Conduct appropriate ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Lighting or VFX (or a combination of these) skills.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of Lighting or VFX and how these are translated into in-game World Art.
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard graphics applications (e.g. Maya, Max, Nuke, etc.)
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable (e.g. game engines, 3D model toolsets and production pipelines)
- Previous management experience / team leadership and mentoring is desirable
- Previous experience of working in the games industry or studio environment an advantage but not essential
- Relevant VFX or lighting training, experience or degree an advantage
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.