Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Oversee and coordinate the live operations of a game/project and ensure the attainment of the objectives set by the Live Producer.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Help define the scope of the project and deliverables by estimating the impact in terms of workload and resources;
- Ensure that priorities are managed and respected according to the plan set out with the producer and online operations director;
- Report on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) to the team, producer and online operations director and address any gaps;
- Support and ensure the effective coordination of the operations and technical teams;
- Support and coordinate pre-launch operations activities (beta coordination);
- Take part in developing the launch plan and coordinate execution;
- Implement problem-solving processes with internal partners (GNS, TG, development teams, etc.);
- Ensure clear communications and effective coordination with internal and external service providers (SFO, online services, etc.).
- Supporting the line manager in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc;
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication and general soft skills;
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc;
- Experience managing and leading technical staff;
- Several years of commercial software development experience as a senior engineer with significant involvement in 2 published games a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
Online/mobile game development experience an asset.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.