Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Oversee the in-house Creative Services team in the production of artistic assets (video and graphic) to ensure that all visual elements created are in line with Ubisoft guidelines and brief outline. Deliver impactful, high quality graphics through visual representation and key graphics.
- Behave as a brand evangelist for Ubisoft;
- Commission, collect and manage a bank of assets in line with Ubisoft brand guidelines;
- Work with clients to agree briefs; including agreement on completion dates, art direction and ensuring the delivery of the work for these dates;
- Define the graphical style based on the client’s brief and branding style guides;
- Liaise with project brand teams to provide input and support into the development of marketing assets;
- Proactively track and prioritise the tasks of the Creative Services team ensuring flexibility and agility in line with studio needs;
- Communicate quality and content expectations to the team members involved whilst being open to feedback;
- Provide direction to achieve high quality visuals;
- Delegate tasks within the team and review completed work to ensure it fits the brief and brand guidelines;
- Lead the in-house Creative Services team to produce comprehensive and creative materials while developing and motivating the team as a whole;
- Support bespoke studio projects with fresh ideas and use of mixed media marketing;
- Ensure that any worked completed is archived for future reference;
- Be prepared to carry out ad-hoc design tasks as the discretion of line manager or the senior leadership team;
- Willingness to work to tight deadlines, assisting the business in reactive content when necessary.
Skills and Knowledge
- In depth knowledge of Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign Premiere Pro);
- Strong knowledge of industry standard 3D modelling software such as 3DSMax;
- Ability to manage, motivate inspire and develop a team of artists in line with business needs and strategy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a client focused approach;
- An ability to work with senior profiles interpreting and visualising briefs;
- Have a thorough Understanding of photography, typography and printing;
- Excellent knowledge of marketing, media and technology as well as a focus on social and cultural trends and fashions;
- Highly creative with an exceptional eye for detail;
- Solid knowledge of visual story telling;
- Ability to revise and suggest suitable improvements on work done by others;
- Able to balance the creative goals with the principle of efficient and well-planned production;
- Experience of web design/web management;
- Run budgets with transparency, managing risks and escalating concerns;
- 5 years’ minimum experience within Graphic Design or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design, Illustration or other relevant training;
- Experience working with current Adobe suite software essential;
- Experience working with brand guidelines;
- HTML experience is desirable;
- Experience working within the games industry is a plus;
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.