Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Lead a team of development testers within a collaborative multidiscipline environment and be responsible for the management of testing the project, features or game mode.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Communicate the objectives, strategies and general project information to the team to provide visibility on the progress of the game’s development;
- Create the test plan in conjunction with the Producer and Lead Programmer;
- Assign tasks to the team and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all concerned;
- Maintain the bug database for a mode or feature set, creating dashboards, filters, reports and organise regression passes on resolved issues;
- Send regular status reports for a mode, feature set or SKU to relevant parties;
- Assess and manage risks, communicating them to appropriate parties;
- Follow up on requests from the development team, especially supporting production in recording tasks;
- Determine the improvements to the test processes to ensure that the testers work efficiently;
- Manage multiple branches and associated integration requests, communicating the processes to the team;
- Drive the closing process as the project moves through milestones;
- Proactively determine and implement initiatives to enhance test processes and foster collaborations between QC team leads in other Ubisoft studios;
- Oversee daily and milestone reports to relevant stakeholders making sure they are fit for purpose;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build, including qualitative perception of the game’s quality;
- Facilitate creation and management of written tutorials and technical guides in the shared knowledge base;
- Help the team set up and maintain a functioning workspace including advanced troubleshooting of software and tools;
- Communicate effectively with collaborating studios and be the point of contact for a specific game mode, feature set or SKU;
- Work with productivity and infrastructure teams across Ubisoft to debug build systems and contribute to effective setup and use.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference;
- Knowledge of the bug tracking software (Jira preferred) and version control software like Perforce;
- Awareness of automation processes;
- Able to adopt a proactive approach and adapt to change;
- Ability to analyse problems and possess good problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years industry experience in QA/QC or equivalent as team leader or in a senior capacity, preferably in an embedded role;
- Must have shipped a minimum of one game title and experienced the full production cycle or overseen multiple software updates.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.