Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The Brand Director will be embedded within the development team to build the blueprint strategy & roadmap and manage & build the brands marketing teams;
- Determine market benchmarks, key success factors, threats and opportunities for the brand;
- Develop and maintaining the strategic and visual direction of our IP in close collaboration with the development teams;
- Define, qualify and quantify the brand’s target market;
- Initiate relevant consumer research to confirm/adjust the DNA of the brand in time;
- Ensure the products' long-term management and performance by continuously growing the brands core values by integrating feedback from operational marketing and the editorial product’s strategy team;
- Check and ensure marketability of all features added to the game;
- Coach internal teams on the brand strategy and its DNA.
- Establish and monitor budgets for the project;
- Coordinator the efforts on with marketing and PR teams at a corporate level;
- Have regular check-ins with team members and supporting their goals and targets;
- Work collaboratively with other department heads to hit goals. Build working relationships with others cross-functionally.
- Partner with Ubisoft marketing teams, as well as external agencies to drive impact, quality and efficiency of content;
- Be a point of contact for Ubisoft internal business and marketing teams, coordinate and prioritize requests from those teams;
- Create communications and PR plan in collaboration with internal PR teams;
- Organise events as well as visits from press and stakeholders;
- Manage brand merchandise;
- Plan and prepare project presentations for major milestones.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of consumer trends and gamer demographics;
- Can drive brand development to be in line with current trends and have the ability re-position and re-target the scope;
- Knowledge of different business models and their impact on IP/Product;
- Can blend creative strategies with analytic data;
- Interact in a diplomatic manner with multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization;
- A broad interest in mass-media entertainment, such as games, comics, movies, TV and literature as well as knowledge of online, social media, and consumer electronics.
- 7+ years of experience in management and production of assets, in particular the creation of logotypes, trailers, high-res art and Iconic images;
- Experience with presentations and acting as a speaker;
- Experience in organizing consumer events and trade shows as well as press visits;
- Desirable experience in social media, including content development, community engagement and influencer marketing;
- Experience within the video game industry is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.