From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Tell me more about Ubisoft Reflections
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Assist in the development of basic artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
- With guidance, assist in establishing the style of the project and be a point of contact for elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Effectively communicate basic visual intentions to the wider art team;
- Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- Anatomical and architectural knowledge is desirable;
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Observation and research skills;
- Understanding of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
- Digital illustration skills;
- Understanding of Photoshop;
- Understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience working with a photo realistic environment is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.