Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Deliver, with support, high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project.
- Complete, with support, assigned tasks through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
- Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features;
- Participate in the sign off process and incorporate feedback into work;
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback;
- Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work;
- Produce assets with basic optimisation in line with the technical requirements and conventions;
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good graphics design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable;
- Basic motion graphics skills;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) would be advantageous;
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.