Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Elevate profile of the Art Discipline consistently across both Studios and the wider Ubisoft group whilst ensuring optimal staffing, development, growth within the team and maximising talent retention.
- Be the direct Line Manager for Leads and Secondary Manager for other members of the discipline, across the Studio;
- Have regular one to ones with Leads in conversation with Directors and Producers;
- Attend and input into project staffing/FTE meetings;
- Ensure effective succession planning to facilitate Studio staffing and strategy requirements;
- Champion best practices and levelling up the discipline as a whole;
- Stay abreast of trends in the discipline and setting up suitable sharing/training programs;
- Work with HR and project teams to ensure a consistent and comprehensive onboarding programme for all;
- Participate in all discipline specific interviews collating feedback and acting as primary hiring manager;
- Meet monthly with the Resource and Development Manager to map out current skill sets and future potential within the Discipline as well as identifying key talent;
- Work with Learning & Development to identify core skills development and soft skill training needs;
- Identify opportunities for team members to attend external events and conferences both as a representative of Ubisoft and a delegate;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and highlight key risks or skill gaps with team members;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Support HR in the Salary and Performance Review process;
- Any other ad hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive, autonomous and self-driven approach to work with demonstrable application of initiative;
- Ability to accept and deliver feedback and adapt to change;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Up-to-date knowledge on current and emerging trends in visual communication;
- The ability to travel frequently and regularly (a minimum of 6 days over 2 trips per month) between Reflections and Leamington as well as other Studios in the Ubisoft Group as required;
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- 10 years’ minimum experience as a Video Games Artist or other relevant experience;
- 5 years’ minimum experience as in a lead/management role or other relevant experience;
- Experience working on multi-site projects and/or studios essential;
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.